February 20, 2013

MY EVERYDAY featuring ... Cara Davis



[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I'm a work-from-home mom of 5 1/2 years. I began freelancing my editorial services after my first daughter, Madilyn, was born. My background is in publishing and my passion is helping creatives bring their ideas to life. I volunteer for @help_portrait. My second daughter, Ellenor, was born 8 months ago. We recently moved to East Nashville from Orlando, FL. I love being "home," in the city I was born and raised, and love how it's become a creative mecca. The sense of community here is unparalleled. 

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
This is a tiny bit creeper, but my favorite part of the day is going in the girls' room (they sleep in the same room although they have separate bedrooms) early in the morning before they wake. I sit in the rocker and watch them sleep and pray a blessing over them (or doze in and out myself). It's a peaceful start to the morning, and I love that I'm the first thing they see when they wake up. 

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@laurenabradshaw - for art [Ellenor has two Walnut Animal Society friends], @elittlebit - for courage, @amystan - for inspiration, @kristenhowerton - for humor

[#4] The chores are done, there's nothing expected of you and you've got 45 minutes of personal free time...how would you spend it?
This year I've made it a priority to read more. Whenever I have a free moment, I pick up my phone or iPad to read a book I've downloaded, and I also have a stack of books I'm working through for research for my next book!

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
(I love this question.) My staple wardrobe pieces this fall are a chambray shirt (and dark-wash skinny jeans (both on sale from Old Navy), and cable knit UGG boots (so comfy). I also love a Betsy Johnson necklace (Amazon) I got a great deal on just before the holidays (Merry Christmas to me!)

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
My favorite spot in the home we just bought and moved into is just about the mantle, because it features an image my friend @jeremycowart captured of my two girls holding hands. It symbolizes so much to me. I'll treasure it always. Right now it's a large framed print, but I plan on making it an engineer-sized print mounted to foam board (Pinterest) because I want it larger. We'll see how it goes.

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
My #antigram is my desk today, which is actually the kitchen counter where I've collected and dumped misplaced things from the kitchen - school papers, books, bibs, mail, dog muzzle (!) plus my computer, empty cereal bowl and coffee. 

Be sure and follow @caradavis on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment