April 26, 2013

My Everyday featuring ... Alaina Guido


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I met my husband, Kevin, in New Mexico while serving at a church together. He was the College Pastor of Calvary of Albuquerque and I worked at the church’s coffee shop. After making him many coffees we got married and continued to serve there until we moved to Kalispell, Montana with some friends to help start Fresh Life Church. We have fallen in love with this small mountain town and we LOVE being planted in God's house and watching Him change peoples lives. Now Kevin serves as the Creative Pastor, overseeing all the creative, technical, production and music needs of the church, while I stay at home and homeschool my two extremely unique and creative kids (ages 3 and 5).

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
We try to go for a bike ride or on a walk every day. Montana winters are long and I have found it necessary for my well-being (and theirs) to get outside for some fresh air and sunshine, if there is any. It's amazing to me how much all of our spirits are energized and uplifted by something so simple. I love seeing their antics, silliness and wonder of nature. Montana has some beautiful scenery and some great bike paths nearby and so it's always a fun time!

[#3] Name Three Instagram MOMS who inspire you?
@jenlusko / @saratrammel / @kristinrogers

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
Right now I'm realizing that tension comes when I view them as interruptions instead of including them in what I am doing. I have to let go of my desire for things to be "perfect" or not messy and include them into my world. The reality is that they will be small for such a short season and I know that I will look back and miss these days that I have with them now. So a lot of my creativity includes them. Tuesday night is family night for us and so we'll have family art nights, game nights, treasure hunt dinners, etc. My kids love it! But it also takes time, creativity and planning on my part. I try to infuse creativity into everything I do as a wife and mom; cooking dinner, setting the table, planning traditions, birthdays, holidays and even just making everyday special. I am learning more and more how to simplify and focus on the essentials. When I try to do too much, I become easily stressed and am unable to be the best mom that I could be for my kids.

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
Right now, I love this wool jacket and flats that I recently bought on sale at Zara. At home, l usually wear leggings and will throw on pants or jeans before leaving the house.

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
Last year, we were given a beautiful 100 year-old upright piano. The whole story behind it is pretty neat. But I love that when my husband comes home from work, he is able to play and write music while I cook dinner or wash dishes. Every song that he has recorded has come from those moments. A lot of times the kids will sit down and join him while he plays and I have so many videos of them singing and playing together with their little off-key voices as they make up their own melodies to go with his.

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
My husband actually took this picture...I don't usually take pictures of the hard moments; tantrums, tiredness, or fighting. I think I'm usually too busy praying for strength patience and wisdom in those moments then to even think about taking a picture.



Be sure and follow @alainaguido on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment