September 4, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Summer Bellessa


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
Born in Chicago Heights, my mom got me into modeling at 4. Loved modeling because I got to travel all over and got paid for it: Paris, Tokyo, London, Hamburg, Miami, etc. That was my college. Met @kerrybellessa and fell for him, he has a good heart, a good sense of humor and likes to create. Those are all really important to me. We have two beautiful boys, Rockwell and Phoenix. I was a little scared to become a mom, mainly because it sounded like so much hard work and sacrifice, but what they don't tell you is how madly in love you will fall. And how entertaining and fun it is, not to mention all the love they bring into your life. Pretty amazing and life-changing.

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
My favorite part of the day has to be when we all wake up. One of the perks to being your own boss is that you get to sleep in. And everyone comes into our bed in the morning and we hug and kiss and plan our day.


[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@ohhappyday She has very stylish boys and she makes motherhood look like so much fun. @rcan21 She isn't a blogger or a business owner, she is one of the most giving, spiritual and devoted moms I have ever known and I hope to be like her more each day. Lastly, @kristinrogers, who I have never met, but I love the aesthetic of her life. Pretty, artistic, family and God focused.

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity
@realbrookewhite and I started @thegwgshow because we wanted to have an environment that fostered motherhood and creativity. We knew in our respected fields (music/fashion) that motherhood can be tricky. Even thinking ahead, it is still a challenge to find balance. We are always evolving and trying to figure out how to be good moms and good business owners. The biggest challenge is just fitting everything in and choosing the right things to let drop.

[#5] What is a family tradition that you love sharing with your kids?
A family tradition I hope to share with my kids (they are a little too young now) is talking about their ancestors. Especially on holidays like Veterans Day and Independence Day, we would remember my uncle who died in Vietnam, or my grandmother who served our country in WW2. It makes the day more special to know they have "greats" that stood for something.

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
If someone would peek inside our home, I hope they would see a family that loves each other, not a family that is perfect, but a family that is trying to take advantage of every moment they have together. We don't come from a lot of money, we don't make a lot of money, but we find the beauty in small every day things. Although I like pretty things, I hope you would see that I know what's really important in life.

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
I wouldn't usually post this image on instagram because my desk is such a mess. I think I have posted a similar picture, but I pushed the toys back, straightened up my papers, moved the dishes to the kitchen and probably put a fresh flower in the space. But this is where I do most of my work and this is how it looks right now, without one thing moved.


Be sure and follow @SummerBellessa on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment