February 27, 2014

My Everyday Featuring ... Alli Shillito


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
Hi! My name is Alli, I live in Ohio with my sweet little family. I grew up only about ten minutes from where we live now. I met my husband, Bryant, right after high school, we fell quickly & after some adventures we found ourselves expecting a baby. Before we knew it we were 6 years in, two houses & three daughters later. Here we are. Our oldest daughter, Madeleine (Maddie) is 5, Josephine (Josie) is 4 & our baby Violet Ann is 21 months. I pinch myself everyday when I wake up to my family. I always knew that I wanted three daughters. I am a part time photographer, always inspired by my girls the most. I shoot anything from babies, families, and weddings. I am big on smiling, I love to make people laugh. I love the escape my pretty little IG squares bring me.. when I should be doing the laundry that is piling up or after a long day of babies screaming, you can find my scrolling through my own feed looking through those magic moments in my feed.




[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
A great thing I think about having three daughters is the unique specialness each one brings to my life.. I have individual favorite moments with each of them during the day. Since Maddie is in kindergarden and gone at school most of the day-- my favorite part of the day with her would have to be at 3:00pm sharp when I am picking her up, everyday with a huge smile on her face, I'm always greeted with a big, running hug-- it still brings tears to my eyes. I love the alone time my middle & youngest girls get together too.. my favorite time of day with Josie is when she is home playing with Violet. Josie is my little "mommy" of the three-- it is so amazing to see how gentle and compassionate she already is to her baby sister.. she truly has the purest, biggest heart! & my favorite time of the day with Violet is when I am nursing her down to nap. Most of the time we can close the door and escape to some peace & stillness for a few moments together. She is a spitfire so I really try to take in those quiet moments with her.. keeping her my baby as long as I can :)



[#3] Name Three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
Three instagram moms that inspire me .. this is a hard one because I am so inspired by every IG mom I follow. I'm going to pick moms that have daughter(s) like myself..  I am always inspired by these moms, the beautiful smiles they have & their warm hearts you can feel through their images. @nicklepickle /  @jenotchy /  @golden_applesauce


[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity? 
I am still learning every day what it means and takes to balance motherhood & my passion. I definitely have those days where I am feeling overwhelmed, guilty, thinking that I should just drop it all to focus on my children, but then I am reminded how very much I love & need this outlet for myself. I hope that one day my daughters can be inspired by my creativity & hard work. I have big dreams of having it all figured out one day, until then you will find me pulling all nighters to edit pictures because I spent a few great days with my kids & did no work at all.


[#5] What is a family tradition that you love sharing with your kids?
Family is so important to us. One thing that I loved so much about my husband was the fact that his family is so amazing & close. We lost my father in law before my daughters were born, but remembering him & having him be a part of our girls lives is very important to us. The traditions & stories we have to honor & celebrate his life are ones close to my heart. My father in law was very involved in giving back to his community & I hope that my daughters will carry on that "tradition" & legacy of his proudly.


[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
I love our little home! We moved here last year shortly after our third little one was born. We are slowly but surely putting our own finishing touches around the house.. having three kids has been keeping us busy. :) We seem to find ourselves mostly in the same room together.. lately our best family time has been spent at the dinner table. From homework right after school to intentional meals all together. I'm not going to lie, sitting down together every night is something still new to us, as the girls were younger we would just focus on feeding them, and then ourselves when they went to bed. Now that we are all on same schedules and better routines these family dinners together come much easier.. and with non stop chit chat about anything and everything that is running through their minds.



[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
A picture I wouldn't typically share.. I usually find myself posting all kinds of different moments in my feed.. I may not be posting big piles of laundry, a sink full of dishes, bickering with my husband about the laundry & dishes.. its all there, like most of you. I like to keep my feed positive and full of light moments for myself to escape to when all of those other things are piling up. I do save a lot of those fleeting moments for myself & don't even post them.. thats right, for how much I feel like I do post-- there are so many that I don't! just going through my phone I found this one, I took it a couple weeks ago while I was working on my computer and then all of sudden my babies were all on my lap, I had to take a picture with them :) 



Be sure and follow @alliroses on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment