December 20, 2012

My Everyday featuring ... Medea Peabody















[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I'm from a small town in Indiana, married a Texan, and currently living abroad in London, UK- a city with 12 million people! [warning: lots of British spelling words ahead] I am hostess & cook at chez Peabody, and am a graphic designer in my professional life (whatever that means); the hubs is a visionary, dreamer, starter, and all around incredible guy, family man, team player. He runs a non-profit where he produces music and writes curriculum. Together, we're planting a church in north east London and raising two small boys.

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
My children bring out the most extreme emotions in me, sometimes within minutes of each other. Can I get an amen? To answer this question fairly, my favourite part of the day when I'm really miffed at them is 8 pm: when they go to bed. What I absolutely love is when daddy comes home and their sheer excitement to see him almost bursts out of them. Makes me love him and them all the more. There are so many parts of the day when I look at them and cannot believe they're mine and the God of the earth would entrust me with their care! They're amazing and all of the moments I get to share with them [good and bad] are moments I cherish.


[#3] Name three Instagram MOMS who inspire you. 
@mummyrunning / @laurenlarsen / @jackieb1013. These women are mothers who are running (or have run) very time consuming and creative businesses, and still manage to run a household and produce beautiful work!


[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
Each day I wake up with a plan to take on the world. Each day my kids wake up with a different plan. Guess who wins? I realised, especially after my second, I must slow down, forget the housework, put my professional life on hold, and be PRESENT. I also remind myself constantly that this is phase in time I will never get back. I have plenty of time when they're grown and gone to spend lots of time 'creating.' What I don't have is plenty of time with them in their individual phases. I want to soak them up! However, when it comes to the day-to-day, there's one thing I've learned: the passion for creativity doesn't overflow unless my mind and my life are organised. I cannot be either of those things unless I leave my house without my kids. It's one of the few ways I can feed my soul and serve my family. Even if it's just for a few hours, I come home feeling refreshed and renewed and ready to tackle motherhood and design work. I’m so grateful to have a husband whose schedule is flexible and understands this is a great need of mine.


[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
Anything that hides the body I used to have! Since I'm living in London and the temps are a bit frigid for my taste, my go-to pieces are my long-johns of course (Flexees by Maidenform)! On a mild, rainy day I throw on my military jacket and duck boots. On a chilly wintery day my down coat from Soia & Kyo paired with my wind-breaking, thigh-high black leather boots from my fave store All Saints Spitalfields. I also cannot live without my warm coloured corduroy trousers from Uniqlo. Because this is a walking outdoor culture, I live in my coat so I don't bother with what's underneath so much. I save time on laundry by wearing the same clothes two days in a row (the washing machines are TINY). I never sweat with these temps and no one's judging me because they never get to see the first layer anyway. It's win-win really!


[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
You’d probably see a lot of mismatched IKEA furniture! I love the color teal and one of my favorite pieces is my teal bookshelf from Pier 1. Of course it’s dominated by my children’s toys, but I love that.


[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
Both of my kids, totally annoyed, for different reasons. Liam wants to go swimming and Tate wants out of the rainbow prison.




Be sure and follow @meddypea on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment