December 12, 2012

My Everyday featuring ... Vanessa Warren



[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I am one of those proud Texans who was born & raised in Dallas. After graduating at SMU, I moved to Nashville, Tennessee where I worked in the music industry for a decade. When my husband Mark & I had our first child, Noah, we decided it was time to head back home to Dallas. Back to our roots to raise Noah & our now 7 month old baby girl, Stella Love. Between naps, feedings & trips to pre-k, I manage to run a creative business where I style photo shoots, consult fellow entrepreneurs on all things social media & throw in some graphic design for good measure. I adore my family, my faith in the Lord is what sustains me & little life moments with my kids brings joy to my soul!


[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
With Stella, hands down, I love bath time. The moment she hears the water start to run, her little feet start flapping & giddiness ensues. A good belly tickle is something she expects & her little mouth is sitting there wide open which means the hard giggles are soon to begin. It's the sweetest, most precious time.

With Noah, I love the greeting he gives me every morning. He has a huge smile on his face, gives me a hug & says "I love you. I'm hungry." The boy eats a lot & that makes me happy. We spend the morning reviewing the day over breakfast & enjoy making sister giggle in the process. His tender heart towards Stella melts me. He claims to be her super hero ... & I truly believe he is. 



[#3] Name three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@joyprouty /@jess_cudzilo / @kenziepoo

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
Deciding what takes priority at any given moment is my challenge. I am one of those that has an endless to-do list but I enjoy staying busy at the same time. And now that I have two little ones to care for, my home/work time is at full capacity. Typically, my days end in exhaustion & I sit at my desk questioning my creative drive. Do I have anything left to give? And honestly, most days I barely accomplish a whole lot of "things" because my goal is to work hard to ensure my kids have the best day possible. However, if I'm being completely transparent, there are moments my patience runs thin, my desire to sit & play legos isn't there, I stare in the mirror thinking why the heck am I still in my pajamas & rocking my teething baby to sleep for the sixth time can all make this girl feel a little crazy. But being a mother is the greatest reward because at the end of the day I accomplished something & that something was something G R A N D ... it was shaping the lives of my kids. Day in & day out that's my "job" & what an honor that is ... it's the highest honor, really. So, as of late, my creative passion has become capturing our daily lives ... it's what brings me the most joy!


[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
I am ALL about comfort & a huge fan of JCrew ... head-to-toe all day, everyday : vintage cotton v-neck tee, sweater or cardigan, ballet flats + JCrew signature leggings.


[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
I love to decorate my home & I love the pieces we've been able to collect. Sometimes the messes I stumble upon throughout the house can drive me crazy, but then again most days I enjoy it. Seeing the fun that's being had makes me smile. I always want my children to feel at home in their home. Play away ... !


[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
I would never post this but it pretty much sums up what happens when I try to take a photo of either of my kids. Noah photo bombs EVERYTHING & Stella is a little spit fire. Real life right there in that photo ... & I love it.


Be sure and follow @butterflysparks on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment