July 29, 2013

Embracing the Routine

I love this little boy so much it wreaks me. Yesterday, was a long day at home w/ the kids. I counted that the three of us spent a total of 13 hours in pretty much the same vicinity. And I'm pretty sure I spent about 3/4's of that time at the kitchen sink cleaning up because it seems as though my kids eat every hour! By the end of the night, my hands were dry, my energy level was a flat zero & yet as they were sleeping soundly - I missed seeing their happy little faces! Today, most likely will look about the same .. we'll run this routine again. Does routine excite me? Not so much. Do my kids thrive in a routine? Without question. I'm slowly learning to [embrace] the routine. A wise mom I follow - @inspiredtoaction - blogged how as mothers we're like firefighters. Here's what she said ... firefighters are extremely routine & scheduled, yet they become heros in a split second. They've chosen the predictable routine & discipline so that when the unpredictable happens, there is no one more prepared. As moms, we live lives of service. We choose to lay down our own desires, embrace self discipline & routine in order to create security for others. How empowering is that? Wise words, Kat! I love being a mom ... I really, really do. Thankful for the reminder of why I do what i do. So, be encouraged today, moms ... you have been chosen to walk this journey - embrace it! As Kat says, we are a sisterhood of heroes - we're in this together. You are a hero. So, with that, have a AWESOME day ladies! 
Vanessa | @butterflysparks xo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment