July 23, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Heather Essian


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I'm a small town Texas girl who loves all things creative. Seriously, I can convince myself that I'm capable of just about every DIY project out there. Unfortunately for me I can't sew or follow a pattern to save my life, but nonetheless I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to sewing. Who does that?! :-) I met my creative match when I found photography during high school (a really long time ago.) It was the first thing I did that I ever felt I was a little bit good at and the ONLY thing that could keep me on a college campus for eight hours a day while developing and printing my own film. There's is something about seeing your images come to life that is so captivating! I met my hunky minor league baseball playing turned pastor husband nearly eleven years ago while studying photography. We fell in love fast, got married, traveled from state to state while he played ball, we ran my photography business together, started a church in Downtown Fort Worth, and had two beautiful girl's, Harper (2 1/2) and Hollis (9 mo.) All in the nine and a half years that we've been married. God has used all of the crazy transitions over the years to turn my heart towards Him, and is teaching me so much about myself and His faithfulness. I'm currently praying my way through helping my sweet toddler transition to a big girl bed. Can I get a witness?! I'm certain an "Amen" is to come...

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
We're currently in a season where we feel like celebrating even the smallest of victories is important. I love the part of the day when I get to celebrate my two year old staying in her room and napping. We cheers with m&m's and celebrate her obedience together :-). It's SO awesome seeing her overcome demanding her own desires, and helping her work through her emotions as much as we can. :-) Another favorite part of our day happens in the evenings just after dinner while my husband and I sit at the dining room table and watch our girl's crawl around on the wood floors laughing and playing in the curtains...both typically in their undies and diaper. It is such a sweet moment in the busy day for us as a family!


[#3] Name Three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
Oh my goodness it's so hard to pick just three...I love watching the way these creative ladies mother just by the sweet photos that they share through instagram. Each has encouraged me in their own special way. :-)@cheriemarie / @gracyluoriginals / @alicepark 

[#4] The chores are done, there's nothing expected of you and you've got 45 minutes of personal free time...how would you spend it? 
How exciting! Depending on the amount of sleep I've had, you would likely find me designing baby onesies, re-designing my blog, reading Glimpses of Grace (an amazing book for Mama's) and if I'm really tired you might find me horizontal on the couch watching The Real Housewives on Bravo. Please don't judge me they're quite entertaining, no? 

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month? 
I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal with a dressy twist like wedges and a scarf, or a chunky necklace. Give me a cute dress with pockets made out of sweatshirt material and I'm golden. My fedora hat currently receives the MVP award, it's stylish and covers up my messy (errr...dirty) hair ;-).

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
"Prone to wander Lord I feel it..."  "Bind my wandering heart to thee"...This print is hanging in our family room. It reminds me that many times I seek to fill my needs first with other things besides Jesus. So many times I want to control or manage my circumstances rather than find refuge in the Lord. Far too often I convince myself that if I just had sleep or rest everything would be easier, rather than seeking to rely on God's strength to get me through the day. He's promised me that He is enough for me through every difficulty, even sleepless night after sleepless night. He is still greater than good ol' sleep, but yet I'm prone to wander and fill my voids with empty things that will not last. 
Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
Psalm34:8
Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!


[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
I wouldn't normally post this photo on instagram because the bed isn't made, it rarely is, but oh how I love a made bed! It's covered in a pile of laundry, and it's just plain blurry. Haha. But I also love it because the moment is so us.


Be sure and follow @heather_essian on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment