July 12, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Mandy Lynne


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I am happily married and mom to three kids who are my world. I am also an artist and enjoy making things....It gives me energy & inspiration. My creative journey has taken several twist & turns over the years. I've learned to appreciate the process. Sometimes we need to allow ourselves time to reflect and explore new ideas. I believe we come back stronger than ever.
For the moment my niche is creating vintage inspired imagery & still life which I license and sell in my Etsy shopLife is pretty amazing and I’ve loved every stage of it, especially motherhood.
There are times it has felt like a challenge to balance everyone's needs and my own dreams, but for me it helps to keep life simple, focus on what’s important, and just enjoy the ride.
I treasure unhurried moments of creating & exploring together. Homeschooling my two youngest for kindergarten the last couple years was a bit of an impulsive decision, but now I really appreciate the experience. It helped me get in tune with their individuality, and focus on effective ways to make learning fun that will continue long after they go off to school. It is bittersweet watching your kids grow up, but there are moments when I am intensely proud of the people they are growing up to be! 




[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
Well, it’s not morning. I have strict hug & coffee requirements to get going!
I think the most meaningful part of the day is in the evening when we gather around and have devotions together. It's a way to keep God at the heart of it all. We read a short character building story, share our thoughts, pray and just enjoy a little family time. It usually ends with my youngest showing off his latest acrobatic moves. He's such a little ham! 

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
There are so many moms I admire, but here are a few @joyprouty / @nathaliebearden / @carindavis 

[#4] The chores are done, there’s nothing expected of you & you’ve got 45 minutes of personal free time.. how would you spend it? 
My secret indulgence! You might find me curled up catching up on a favorite tv show online with a bite of chocolate or a bowl of kettle corn...other times I'm picking up a handmade project..probably crocheting or sewing. I'm also interested in healthy living. It's my mission at the moment to find healthy new recipes and ways of incorporating raw organic food into our diet. 

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
Summer dresses, maxis & sandals. 

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
My office/school room is a happy spot. I designed it to encourage learning & creativity.. and my kids claimed it wholeheartedly. We have a reading nook with a big comfy bean bag & plenty of books. We also have cupboard full of craft supplies, work table, music station and my computer.
There is something for everyone. 

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
Well, it might involve a picture of myself, because I’m much too fussy about it! .. or maybe something that I worry only my mommy heart will find cute. This picture makes me smile. My son has made his own picnic and invited all his cars. How generous..now if only there was somewhere left for him to sit?! ;) 



Be sure and follow @mandylynnephoto on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms






0 comments:

Post a Comment