January 14, 2014

My Everyday Featuring ... Sarah Kieffer


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I spent 5 years getting a BA in English, but instead worked in coffee shops for 10 years, being a barista and learning how to bake. When I had my daughter I decided to stay home, and soon my hobby of baking and photography evolved into a blog, and then a job(s). I now do some work for @Breadin5 and contribute at @HandmadeCharlotte, as well as some family/newborn/couples sessions here and there. 



[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
The morning is always a sweet time. My kids usually rush in my room together, and do everything they can to get me out of bed – such as jumping on me or peek-a-boo in the curtains (my husband is already off to work at this point). I finally get up and then we eat together, listening to Blossom Dearie or Ella Fitzgerald while we start our day. 


[#3] Name Three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@kristyjcarlson – Kristy is amazing. I am always so impressed with her and her family when I see her Instagram feed, or visit her blog. 
@natalienorton – I love Natalie’s work. She is so inspiring. 
@taraobrady – I’m a big fan of Tara’s work – her blog is one of my favorite spaces, and her Instagram feed is lovely.

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity? 
The hardest thing is finding time for everything. Working from home is often chaotic – my kids seem to always need immediate attention when I’m right in the middle of whatever I’m doing. I’ve learned to just assume that will be the case, and invite them to work with me whenever I can. It’s sometimes successful – they enjoy baking with me and think it is fun to be in photographs about half the time. 

I’ve also learned to hold everything I do with a light grip – saying no to something or not pursuing things is hard to do, but being present and spending time with my littles is most important. Sometimes I just have to stop what I’m doing and play dress up. 



[#5] What is a family tradition that you love sharing with your kids?
We don’t have a lot of traditions. If my kids could make one, I think it would be breakfast for dinner every night. They constantly beg for waffles. 


[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
My house has lots of lovely shadows, especially in the evening hours. They always give me pause, and every once in awhile make for a good photograph.


[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
Too grainy and a bit dark, with yogurt smeared all over the table and painter’s tape forgotten on the wall. This is real life.


Be sure and follow @sara_kieffer on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment