June 6, 2013

My Everyday / Creator Series featuring ... Bobbi Bankston of The Mason Bar Company



[#1.] When did you launch "The Mason Bar Company" and what prompted you to start your own business?
I launched TMBC in August of 2012. It was a “sister store” to my first Etsy retail shop, Poppy & Pearl co. which I started a year before in 2011. I was prompted to start my own business when I found myself craving some spark and adventure in my career. It was a time in my life that a new chapter was necessary and with a leap of faith I followed my heart... it’s been the best two years!!

[#2.] What tool/marketing strategy has helped you the most in regards to getting your business noticed?
Etsy- without a doubt! Etsy has been an unbelievable platform. I worked really really hard, researching and learning the ropes for my shop. I got plugged in to the community and learned the importance of consistent network marketing. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Etsy as it truly changed my life! 

[#3.] Share with us a few of your tips for balancing motherhood and business.
Oh goodness...Is that such a thing? Just kidding! I’d say the first thing that comes to mind is to set apart business hours from mom hours when possible. When you get home or close the door to your home office, don’t “mentally” go back to work. Be truly present when the hours allow for they go fast and having quality time with your kids is irreplaceable. Secondly, I’d have say go easy on yourself because we can’t “do it all”. This concept is a daily struggle for me and I feel that I’m slowly but surely coming around. You will drive yourself crazy if you try to be perfect in every hat you wear. We can be exceptional mothers, wives and career women and still maintain balance- it’s a matter of allowing ourselves to accept the imperfections that naturally come along with life. Smile... Breathe... and have a dance party once in awhile!

[#4.] Divulge one of your dreams for your business.
I’d love to see TMBC expand its product line... there are several ideas swirling around my brain.

[#5.]What advice do you have for moms who have a creative dream in their heart and desire to start their own business from home?
1. Start simple... even if it’s selling one item. Take baby steps toward your big vision. 2. Use your resources and ask to barter with friends and family who might be photographers, graphic designers, constructive critics, etc... 3. Find an inspirational verse or quote that will motivate you when fear starts creeping in. I think I’ve recited Jeremiah 29:11 a thousand times!

[#6.]Share with us a peek of your working space.

[#7] Name three mompreneurs who inspire you.  



/// 24oz Mason Jar Tumbler EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT ///


Click here to purchase a 24oz Mason Jar Tumbler with PINK straw, an exclusive discount for My Everyday readers! After adding product to your cart- type in discount code "kelliandvanessa" which gives you 40% OFF your purchase! Offer good TODAY ONLY from 10am-noon CST! Sweet Deal! Don't miss out! 




Be sure and follow @themasonbarcompany on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms 

0 comments:

Post a Comment