June 10, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Emily Anderson


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
My story...well, I've been married to Mr. Anderson for ten years and we have six children running circles around us. After having our fourth baby, we felt pulled in the direction to adopt from Ethiopia. So, we went forward with that process, even though it seemed crazy because we had 4 very small children at home. In March of 2011, our sweet Elsa came home from Africa.  Our family of 7 was done, complete. Then two weeks later, we found out we were pregnant with surprise number six! Apparently we weren't done. Nine months later, Olive joined our family and officially made it complete. It was a crazy year. Shortly after that, my husbands job moved us from Orlando, FL to Dallas, TX where we now are raising this brood. We have had very hard, dark days...but through it all, God has proved his faithfulness to us, time and time again. I never would have imagined that at 31 years old, I would be a mother to 6. I am really grateful to be on this journey.
[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
I go through periods where I really struggle with enjoying my day to day interactions with my little ones. Some days, I have to really dig deep to find an enjoyable moment. But it's usually always there. And it usually always involves a quiet moment. My house is loud, like always. So, I relish those rare, quiet moments when exploring is happening. When somebody is working hard and using their brain, and they get it. When siblings aren't fighting, but instead, sharing and playing. I absolutely adore watching my kids use their imaginations.

[#3] Name Three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@mrsmogun / @mockabee7 /  @honeyholden /  @mckenziekk  (i can't pick just 3!)

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
The biggest challenge is actually finding time to be creative. There used to be a time in my life when I could accomplish any DIY project.  Those days feel long gone.  My creativity now comes in the form of writing on my blog.  It's become my sanity saver, my outlet. That is what I choose to work on, when I get free moments. I've collected years and years of memories on that blog. So, I would say that beats any DIY project :) 


[#5] What is a family tradition that you love sharing with your kids? 
I am a big believer in family traditions. I still remember things I did growing up, and I desperately want my kids to have memories like that, and to carry them on into their own childrens' lives. A lot of our traditions stem around holidays. But one big thing we do is a family movie night every weekend. We've been doing it for quite a while now and the kids adore it.  We are currently going through some of our favorite kid movies from the 80's (Honey, I shrunk the Kids, Mighty Ducks, etc.) and it's awesome. Reminds me of my glory days. We've actually missed movie night for the past few weekends, because of other commitments, and our kids are aching for it. It's a big deal in this house.

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
I love this image. When we lived in Florida, our five big kids all shared one room. Then we moved to Texas, and our home practically doubled in size. Our kids were able to split up into different rooms. But, when they get a chance, they all come back together in one room. As much as those kids fight with one another, I can tell that they really do love each other. They might not always enjoy each other, but they care deeply. This picture gives me hope that these are the memories they'll have of our home, when they get older. (Crossing my fingers!) 

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
Honestly, I pretty much share everything. I strive to be a "real" mom in the online world. I wouldn't ever want people to think my life was a highlight reel only. As I was going through my camera images, I realized I never shared this photo, so here ya go. Olive is doing a dance for everyone, on the coffee table. That's her favorite place to dance. And it gives me a heart attack nearly every time.



Be sure and follow @theandersoncrew on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

1 comments:

  1. A beautiful story from a beautiful mother. I love reading all of these. It's so inspiring and comforting. Thank you for sharing. xo from a mother of three

    ReplyDelete