June 4, 2013

NEW BEGINNINGS

A new chapter for my little Noah begins now ... he graduated Pre-K & is well on his way to KINDERGARTEN! How can this be?! I clearly remember his first day & then just like that it's his last.

In class, he won the "Smarties" award for always coming up with smart, creative ideas. Oh my gosh, my heart was so thrilled to hear that! I love the little creative soul that he has become.

I hear so many times from parents w/ kids heading off to college, how quickly the time passes & to cherish these days. I get so sad when I hear that because I know it to be true. Although Noah is still so little, I can't believe he's now FIVE years old! He knows so many things already & he's only been alive for five years! Five years is not long at alllll. I own shoes older than him.

But from infancy to this picture ... my oh my ... that went fast. And I know it will only continue to snowball from here. I want to remember everything. When he gives me a super tight, sweet hug - I want to remember that moment for the rest of my life. And I know I've said that SO many times since he's been born & I get a little teary eyed when I can't remember things I wanted to remember at those moments long ago.

However, I have the NOW. And need to live in the NOW.

My sweet boy is at a stage where he enjoys the cuddles, requests multiple hugs daily & says "I love you" at the very least five times a day. I mean, that is PRICELESS & I am soaking up every single second of that.

I know a lot of you are walking through this same season. It's bittersweet, but I'm choosing to embrace the sweet because it truly does get sweeter with time. And I chose to make time a priority with my kids because at the end of the day they are EVERYTHING that matters most.

Onward to new beginnings we go ... !
// VANESSA


photo by lauren larsen photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment