June 25, 2013

RED CABOOSE

HELLO Friends!

It's Kelli here....and today I wanted to give you a peek into what My Everyday [at work] looks like. My husband and I own and operate a self-serve frozen yogurt + coffee shop, Red Caboose. We are located in the heart of downtown Whitefish, Montana....which is a resort town, so we are quickly approaching our busiest time of year- summertime!

We opened our doors in February 2011....and are enjoying the adventure. It's truly a blessing to not only be able to make a living here, but I get to bring Ezra to work with me- everyday. He's actually the best little greeter.....he loves seeing all the people come in and out of our doors on a daily basis. I think people swing by the shop just to see him sometimes! I love it.

Balancing motherhood, creativity and entrepreneurship is not easy, but I take it one day at a time. Everything I put my hands to- goes through a filter that I must ask myself: "How does this benefit me and my family? Does this strengthen my role as a wife and mother? Does this take me away from the most important things in my life?" I know that it's not about me.....but it is about my family and stewarding the lives that are my responsibility here on this earth.

For me, being a shop owner- doesn't allows allow for a strict schedule [naps, feeding ect...]. Ezra really has jumped on our boat....and is going with the flow. It was really easy to do this when he was younger, but we are entering a new season. He will ONE in just a few weeks.....and he really has developed a schedule of his own....and has started to nap/sleep better in his crib. As he has been flexible- I am doing the same. Things will start to change around here.....but flexibility for all of us has made this a win-win.

Our staff is amazing...and they just adore Ezra...and the feelings are mutual. So, they love to help out, hold, distract and play with Ezra as well. This is usually how I ended up getting all my orders placed for the week. As you can see in the photos below- Ezra is very much a part of our team. I believe this is how I've been able to balance these two worlds- it would be impossible to separate these two, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

How many of you own your own businesses? Would you be interested in a "shop talk" series? Let us know...we are up for new topics that would you would be interested in reading!

Here's a peek inside the Red Caboose!
XO!


Web Design by Tyler Thorney
Photography by Jeremiah & Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment