February 25, 2013

Nominated mom ... Jill Strehlow


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I was born and raised and still living in Henderson, Nevada. My husband told me he was going to marry me someday, when I was just 10 years old. We have three beautiful daughters. Rylee, 16. Tori is 12 and Abbey is eight. I have a bachelors degree in education and a master's degree in counseling. I had both of these degrees by age 25. It was important for me to do this because education is something that can never be taken away from me. I always wanted to be home with my children so when financially the timing was right my dreams of being home with my beautiful babies came true. I have been home with them for 10 years. Being the most amazing mother to my three precious daughters, is the most important job that I could ever have. My relationship with my girls is fabulous. We talk about it all, we enjoy the same things and we are always there for each other and Robby, our main squeeze-their dad and my husband. It's important for us that our children grow to be kind, thoughtful and caring people. It's my pleasure to be able to say that they are already becoming just that!
[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
I wish that I could narrow this down to one favorite time of the day with my little ones but I absolutely can't! I cherish every moment with each of them. At this present moment in time, my favorite part of the day with Rylee is when she gets home from school and we sit and catch up on what happened in the day. My favorite time with Tori is when Rylee is off to school and Abbey is still sleeping. It's our few moments with each other alone. My favorite time of the day with Abbey is when I brush her teeth. Sounds crazy, but it's the one thing that she still needs me to do and I love it!! My all time favorite moments with all of my girls are the years that I spent nursing each of them. There is no greater feeling to me as a mother than the bond I felt while nursing.

Be sure and follow @jillylyn on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment