April 19, 2013

My Everyday FEATURING ... Lila McCann Wolofsky


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I began my journey as a musician, recording my first country album when I was 15. I was young and it was an unreal way to spend a childhood...In a good way! After 3 albums, 3 record labels and almost 15 years later, I was feeling very uninspired and burnt out. That's when I received the biggest blessing of my life up till that point, my first son Abraham, (now 4.) It was at that point I realized my path was changing in beautiful way. I began to re establish my love of photography that I first had as a teenager. Borrowing cameras and lenses from friends and taking in as much as I could, feeling so inspired... specifically by photographer Brooke Boling (and she happens to be my bestie too, so how lucky am I ?!)

Now, I have 2 children… My youngest Benjamin (16mos) is our crazy boy! I spend my days hanging with my boys and taking pictures. I have really found a love for photographing children and families. There is nothing better to me than catching that perfect moment of a child when they feel as if no one is watching, or they know you are so they ham it up! It brings me so much joy. I live Nashville, TN... a city that I truly adore... I still sing and write music, as it is my first love. I have just found more inspiration writing songs for others to sing, rather than being the one in the spotlight. I guess being a Mom does that for me in a way, and I wouldn't change a thing.





[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
The morning. My 4 year old always creeps into my husband Mike and I's bed. He brings all of his little sleep friends and blankies with him and hops into the middle spot. That's his favorite. Then he lets me know his little brother is also awake, so I get him and we all snuggle, as a family.  It's the same thing every morning, and it's the best!

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@brooke_boling /  @ELIZABETHMESSINA / @michellebranch

[#4] The chores are done, there's nothing expected of you & you've got 45 minutes of personal free time ... how would you spend it?
Running- it's become my new quiet place. No music, no nothing- just me and the pavement. LOVE it.

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
My AG Stevie Straight leg jeans in dark wash, and bright colored flats. Easy, yet still put together.


[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
My kitchen. I love to cook with my kids and we spend tons of time in here. Plus, there is always a candle burning and fresh flowers, my favorite.

Bonus!
Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
Our Bed- after our morning snuggle it pretty much always looks like this- a perfect mess. Just something I wouldn't normally post a picture of!


Be sure and follow @McCannsky on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

1 comments: