April 10, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Rachel Brooke



[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I grew up in a small town in east texas. My brother & I spent most days outside making adventure for ourselves (at the urging of our parents). In my late teenage years, I met my husband and shortly after we got married. Since then we have moved 6 times all around Texas!  Being the "new kid" for the last few years has helped to tear the doors off of my introverted tendencies. Last May our hearts grew about 5 sizes when we welcomed our daughter, Georgia Eve, into the world. She has brought an immeasurable amount of joy and brightness into our lives. Most days you'll find me reading books & mimicking animal noises, babywearing, doing laundry, and singing....and in my mind, this is my fairytale brought to life. I love and value the tangible acts of creativity like photography, painting, and sewing, but I regard caregiving as the ultimate reflection of art in my life. 

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
Peek-a-boo time is my current favorite! The laughter that ensues when I pop around the corner is the highlight of my day.

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@kelliseeley / @heather_essian / @gordienali

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
I've struggled with the most obvious one, sleep deprivation! Just feeling enough energy to even have a desire to create new projects and ideas. I've also struggled with distributing my passions. I tend to be "all or nothing" so I'm currently trying to figure out how to invest in multiple areas, rather than throwing all I have into one thing and not taking time to nurture other needs. 


[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month? 
My navajo cuff, a fringed scarf & minnetonkas.

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why? 
The nursery! My reason is 2 fold : 1) it's the only room that is always clean (for now at least) 2) it's the only room that I started from scratch on, so I feel like it met my vision completely. Plus it is sentimental because of the memories that have taken place inside those 4 walls.
[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
How about a photo of what my nightstand looks like nowadays? It used to have pretty lip gloss tubes, regal books, maybe some spunky nail polish. It has been babyfide and is now covered with nipple pads & butters, diaper cream, and a nasal bulb.


Be sure and follow @rachelbrooke on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms


1 comments:

  1. Awe! I already follow Rachel on IG and adore her! Love this feature on such a gorgeous and talented momma. :)

    brandy j | www.prettyplainjanes.com

    ReplyDelete