April 3, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Elizabeth Griffin


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
Born & raised in the grand state of Texas. Well, except for junior high. I spent those years living with my family in Siberia, but that is another story. Despite all my protests, I ended up attending a university in my hometown. Good thing I did, because I met a fantastically good looking lad who eventually asked me to be his wife. 

Jady & I married in 2003 & moved to Seattle in 2005. Our daughter Sophie is 6 & our son Tait is 3. We are in the process of adopting two kids from Uganda and hope to bring them home this year.

After almost six years in Seattle, we have moved back to Texas. My husband is a pastor & I am a work-from-home mom. I write and work part-time for an anti-trafficking group called UnBound. When the kids are napping, I can be found working away. I guess you could call me a nap-time abolitionist. 

It is a lot to juggle, but we seem to manage!

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
My daughter started kindergarten this year, so my favorite part of the day is when she gets home. I love catching up on her day and telling her about ours. The kids then spend the rest of the afternoon playing outside till daddy comes home. 


[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
 @stayingawake / @inspiredrd

[#4] The chores are done, there's nothing expected of you & you've got 45 minutes of personal free time ... how would you spend it?
This would be a toss up between getting ahead on work or taking a nap. I have a supernatural gift of power napping though. So, I would probably sleep for 15 minutes and then use the remaining 30 pushing some projects through for work.

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
Skinny jeans/ boyfriend cardigans/ vintage shoes

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
Sometimes as a mom it feels as if each day is stuck on repeat. Wake up, read my Bible, cook, work, read Dr. Seuss,  load the car, unload the car, wipe faces, kiss scraped knees, fold laundry, collapse in bed & do it again tomorrow. I made these signs and hung them next to my bed so it is the first thing I see in the morning. A reminder that today is what I make of it.

Bonus!
Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.

Well, a few days ago I discovered a jar of sprinkles I bought to put on cupcakes for a Super Bowl party. When the kids weren’t looking, I filled the cap and took a shot of sprinkles.  I repeated this action throughout the day. The bottle is now empty.




Be sure and follow @larkandbloom on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment