May 3, 2013

My Everyday / Creator Series featuring ... Richelle Cote from Lil Indian Papoose


[#1] When did you launch Lil Indian Papoose and what prompted you the business?
Being a fan of everything fashion, it was only natural, that as soon as I found out I was having a girl I began shopping. You see, I have this curse of loving items with high price tags... This is what led to “Lil Indian Papoose".  I wanted my lil one to wear items that would make me happy, cause lets me honest, she could care less at 15 months! Seemingly right after I started creating leggings, onesies and headbands that I loved, I got flooded with friends and strangers wanting the unique designs for their own lil ones. This is where Etsy and I collide!! [LilIndianPapoose] I am beyond blessed that mommies all over the world have entrusted my items on their babies.
[#2] What tool/marketing strategy has helped you the most in regards to getting your business noticed?
For me IG has been my biggest and best form of interaction to get my company and name out there. I have been overwhelmed by the feedback, kind words and positive comments from all the beautiful IG mommies and woman. I truly feel like IG has led me to meet some amazing people and opened the doors to great opportunities!

[#3] Share a few of your tips on balancing motherhood and business.
Every day I learn something new about balancing all of my jobs (wife, mother, daughter, friend and business owner) but first and foremost my family always comes first. I have learned that work has to happen during nap and bedtime otherwise I find myself overwhelmed juggling baby and painted hands. It's also important to take time for myself (target trip, a mani- pedi, or Starbucks run) to be rejuvenated, because we all know a "happy wife makes a happy life"!   Thank God most of my customers are mommies themselves and have similar stories...they completely understand when I need to ask for more time.

[#4] Divulge one of your dreams for your business.  
Dreaming is something I do often but rarely vocalize due to the fear of embarrassment or failure. But what the hell...I would love one day to be walking down the street and spot one of my designs on someone passing by...there I said it!

[#5] What advice do you have for moms who have a creative dream in their heart and desire to start their own business from home? 
You only have one life, so live it well! If you have a dream or passion you owe it to yourself to try it out. If not for yourself then for your children! As woman we need to be role models, how can we teach our kids to work hard and live out their dreams if we ourselves are afraid, we must practice what we preach!

[#6] Share with us a peek of your work space.  
Well here it is! It's where we eat dinner, drink our morning coffee and your’s truly designs and paints (there is even paint stains to prove it). Maybe someday I will have my own work space but for now it’s just like my life...love blended with family life and business life...I wouldn't have it any other way!

[#7] Name three mompreneurs (found on IG) who inspire you.



Be sure and follow @rcote_lilindianpapoose_ on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment