May 1, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Jeanine Hardgrave


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I have been married to the man of my dreams, Nathanael, for 12 years. We have two wonderful children, Chloe and Hudson. Chloe is our sweet one, Hudson our strong willed one ( there's one in every family, right ?). Besides helping my husband run our little family and even littler house... I am a homeschooling mom, and a cake decorator. I have been decorating cakes for 9 years, and run my business, Cakes by Jeanine, out of my home. I love expressing my artistic side through all my sweets and my love of history and reading through my kids. I have a passion for cooking, especially clean, organic meals from scratch. Weddings, party planning, traveling, museums and antique shopping are my favorite things. I love Jesus most of all, and love to serve at my church. I believe my number one ministry is my family, and I am so thankful to God for blessing me with them.


[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
My favorite part of the day is right before dinner. All school work is complete, everyone is cleaned up. Usually my daughter will sit and practice piano, while my son helps me cook in the kitchen. There is just something so relaxing about it. It's the calm before bedtime, which has never been easy in our house!


[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
@lissinger / @mommajett2 / @cydlovesmike

[#4] The chores are done, there's nothing expected of you & you've got 45 minutes of personal free time ... how would you spend it?
When I get free time, which is rare for me, I love to read or watch an old movie. I also enjoy being inspired by blogs when I get a chance to read them. 

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
My go to items in my closet recently have been two tunics that I got for a great price from Free People, a wool jacket I got from Anthropologie last winter, and a small purse I picked up at Anthropologie after Christmas. I love tunics! They are so easy to throw on with jeans or leggings, loose sweater and some boots. I love color, but in the winter I tend to go towards grays and browns. My favorite stores are Anthropologie and Free People and I have an obsession with vintage cowboy boots!

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
My favorite room of the house is my kitchen. It is the room where I work, create and school. I love how bright and cheerful it is. It is the one room of the house where I feel like everyone loves to hang out, including guests that I have over. I believe my kitchen will be the one room where the most memories are made.

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings. 
This is my real life. My husband loves to play with the kids. I love to watch and laugh at them. And my son loves to be a gross, silly little boy!

Be sure and follow @cakesandcuties on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment