January 11, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Heather Glasby


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story. 
Grayson and I met about 5 years ago rock climbing and pretty quickly started dating. It's was pretty obvious to both of us that we'd get married so we got married a little over a year later. We decided it was time for a change so we moved up to the great Northwest 3 months after that which is where we live now. I took him into my photography business and taught him everything I knew, now we shoot together and absolutely love it. We decided to add to our little family {scary!} and got pregnant. We knew right away that we didn't want to  have a hospital birth. We were going to have Myles at the birth center and last minute decided on a home birth. It was the best decision we'd ever made. I've never had such an amazing experience in my life!  Never did I think I'd have a baby at home, but there we were! He was born, we were in love with that baby, he was a really high maintenance baby so it was a good thing we were both home all day!

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
That's hard, I have a lot of favorite parts. I love first thing in the morning when he wakes up and Grayson brings him into our bed and he snuggled then gets all rowdy and wants to play. I love going on morning walks to see the ducks and play on the swings. Carrying him in the ergo is the best thing, it's like getting a baby hug for an hour. I really love his night time bath. We all get in and read folating books, play with baby toys and he gets all snuggly. That's usually when I have time to sit back and awe in the fact that we have a son and he grew in my body,that never stops amazing me.

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.

@joyprouty / @megrussell

[4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity? 
So many challenges. It's hard to think sometimes because I'm so focused on Myles. Other times it's hard to shut my brain off and just go to sleep because random projects start running through my mind. Sometimes I just want to sit and crochet or edit photos or sew something but when he cries I have to tend to him. So much of our focus is now on Myles and we scramble to work on our wedding photography when he naps. But it's fun thinking up new crafts that revolve around him, especially for the holidays!

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month? 
Haha, lots of spandex pants and long shirts.. I have these thick, blue leggings with zippers at the bottom from Forever21. I call them my "astronaut pants". I'm also a big fan of pajamas! 

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why? You walk into our home and the first thing you'll notice is all of the color. We love bright colors and a lot of them and every room is a different color. We're pretty porud of all our garage sale and Goodwill finds and try to make our home and cozy and personal to us as possible. You'd probably see Myles toddling all over, babbling and scoping out tiny crumbs on the floor to eat,  attempting to climb the stairs alone and Grayson and I starting a dance party for Myles to distract him.


Bonus!
Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings. 

A photo of our nighty night bath. Please dont make fun of our ugly tile, haha.




Be sure and follow @heatherglasby on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment