January 7, 2013

My Everyday featuring ... Katie Hunt




[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
My name is Katie Hunt and I am originally from Orange County, California. I met and married the love of my life Brandon here in California and 6 months after we were married Brandon received a promotion at work and we moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota. We really fell in love with that city and the people there. 9 months after we moved there we found out we were expecting! The pull of being near family and another fabulous job opportunity brought us back to California. In May 2011, I had our sweet, precocious, energetic little boy Ethan and our lives were forever changed. We have so enjoyed sharing our sweet Ethan with my family for the past 19 months but once again were moving! This time to Ohio!



[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
The morning time with Ethan is my absolute favorite. When I open his door in the morning and he smiles so big behind that pacifier and says "hiiii" I melt into a puddle of love. We live right near the beach and behind a busy street full of coffee shops and bagel stores so we are constantly walking to grab me some coffee and him a smoothie - most mornings he's still in pajamas! Seeing everyday as a new opportunity to show him something new and help him learn something is exciting to me.



[#3] Name three Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
The first Mom on Instagram is someone I don't even know face to face! Her name is Casey Wiegand / @caseyleighwiegand.  I began reading her blog a while back now and she is a constant source of raw emotion & encouragement.

The second Mom is Sarah Holstrom - who is one of my nearest and dearest friends. @sarahholstrom A true woman of God and a warrior for her babies. She is always smiling and looking amazing.

The third is Jesi Haack. @jesihaack I worked for Jesi while I was pregnant and shortly after. She is the most talented wedding and event designer I have ever known. She has 3 little ones and still has time to be super woman. Truly awesome.

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
Energy// or lack thereof! I find that when I do have some time alone I either want to sit on the couch with my husband or just zone out on Pinterest for hours. It takes a conscious effort to sit and craft or work on a project of mine. I love making homemade presents, so I find it encouraging to have someone special in mind I am crafting for.

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month?
Dark skinny jeans, a flowy black top and black flats. It's my go to and it's pretty easy to dress up or down.

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why?
I would share this photo of my collage wall. It's a perfect display of all I my favorite moments in my life.


[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
This is a photo of folded but not put away laundry and spilled puffs. A fairly typical sight around my house but not something I love to advertise. It's real and its us.



Be sure and follow @katielaurel on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment