January 28, 2013

My Everyday Featuring ... Kelli Murray


[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
I’m an illustrator, graphic designer, blogger, fashion enthusiast, and a lover of all things creative.  I married my husband Sam in November of 2009, and we welcomed our first baby girl, Rylee, to the world in August of 2011.  They are the loves of my life! We live in Encinitas, CA with our fat cat, Bam.  I love the beach, I own way too many shoes, and I have the biggest sweet tooth out of anyone…ever.

Before my daughter came along, I was the head designer for a clothing label.  Now, I work from home as a freelance artist and graphic designer. Life has changed so much over the last two years both personally and professionally....but I can't helped but look forward to what the future holds!

[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?
Definitely that time just before bed when dad is home from work and we are all together in the living room playing.  Rylee gets a little bit slap happy when she starts to get tired.  You just look at her funny and she can't stop laughing.  She dances for us and talks to us in the most ridiculous language that I swear makes perfect sense in her mind.  It's times like this that my husband and I look at each other and just smile, both knowing how lucky we are to have her in our life.

[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you? 
@kristinrogers / @amerrymishap / @ascotfriday 

[#4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity?
Balancing work and motherhood has been one of my biggest challenges to date.  While I've always dreamed of being a mom....I never imagined not working creatively at some capacity.  So when I had Rylee, I was determined to figure out what that meant for me and to discover that balance in my own life.  On one hand, I feel so blessed to have a job that allows me to work from home and to utilize my creativity.  But on the other hand, I find that sometimes my desire to work and be successful comes with the sacrifice of quality time with my daughter.  Work and creativity is important to me and will always be part of my identity, but she is what is MOST important. So I live knowing that...I continue to pursue my "work" dreams at the pace that I feel managable right now...and I try to be the best mom that I can be to my daughter.  I havn't figured out that perfect "formula" for balance, and I don't think it even exists, but I am learning how to juggle it all better every day.  This time in her life is so fleeting....and it's important to me that I am present and enjoying every stage!


[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month? 
My Sam Edelman ankle boots, black skinny jeans, slouchy Free People sweater, and a beanie 

[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why? 
I'd probably share a pic of Rylee's nursery because I just love it so much.  It's the room I've put the most work into and it just feels really cozy and inviting. 

[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings.
This one is kind of blurry and Rylee is mostly naked.....but I just love this photo.  Typical Friday night rough housing with dad :) 


Be sure and follow @kelli_murray on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment