January 23, 2013

My everyday Featuring ... Tristian Skidmore



[#1] Share with us a snippet of your story.
Hmm...where to begin! I've been married to Clay for 8 years now and we have three beautiful babies...Harrison, Gracylu, and Atticus! I started a small hair and other accessory business about four years ago and that exploded over night!  With the business I was able to make lots of wonderful friends all over. And I was able to witness and reach women that I would have never had the opportunity to meet/reach before. I'm so very thankful for the time I had with the business but I felt the Lord closing that door. I now homeschool Harrison and Gracylu while chasing Atticus around! I'm more focused on my relationship with the Lord along with my marriage and family. I finally feel I'm where God wants me to be {for this moment in life}.



[#2] What is your favorite part of the day with your little one[s]?

Definitely our mornings!

They are usually quiet and somewhat "peaceful". We don't have the same routine every single morning but we always wake up together happy and ready to start the day! 



[#3] Name Instagram MOMS who inspire you.
This is hard because there are so many who inspire me!!! 
@angiewarren / @amandalucero / @betharmsheimer 

[4] What challenges have you faced in balancing motherhood and your passion for creativity? 
Now that I no longer run my business, I'm finding a shift in my "creativity". Before it was very hard for me to find a balance and to be honest with you, I never did...that's probably part of the reason I let it go. Now I LOVE to get creative in the kitchen and usually the skiddies are at my side helping and tasting but finding my own time to do something creative just for me is always a challenge. I always have chores, our lessons, dinners and so on going on that I forget to stop and get creative for me. I have told myself this year I would like to do that more often...we'll see.

[#5] What are your staple go-to pieces from your closet this month? 
My mustard scarf and black leggings! I wear one or the other every day it seems! 



[#6] If you could give us a peek inside your home - what image would you share and why? 
I think it would be my kitchen sink. It's always full of dishes {dirty of course} but I'm always reminded how much we have to be thankful for and how much I love my family! 



[#7] Share a photo you wouldn't typically post on Instagram but depicts real life happenings. 
I usually post just about anything on IG which isn't always good maybe, but I found this picture either Harrison or Gracylu took and I almost deleted it because at first I thought that's an awful picture!!! But as I looked at the picture more, I realized that's real life for me. Most days I do have my hair up because it gets in the way and I like to stay comfy if I don't have to leave the house and I'm always changing diapers or wiping little booties. Some would say that's not for them but I enjoy it. Days are long and hard sometimes but the rewards are greater than I could ever imagine! I love my babies and will gladly clean up after their messes and spills because one day they won't need me to. 


Be sure and follow @gracyluoriginals on Instagram! You can also keep up with the series by following @kelliandvanessa or #myeverydaymoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment